April 7, 2009

Jasper turns Four...







Jasper.My big four year-old now.I am looking forward to having a four-year-old(as a previous ECH teacher I always relished spending time with the 4 year olds).They are so cool.Jas is very cool.He love's asking why and How?.He knows what to say to make us laugh.He's very creative,and I love listening to him describe his drawings to me.Sure,they still have meltdowns in public places(try a previously silent doctors waiting room!))and can whine alot(Grrr...)but,all in all jasper has left the "confusing Threes" behind and is just a content,curious and happy boy.

Four years ago today(at 5:25 a.m to be precise)in a tiny hospital in the town of Alexandra,Newzealand,jasper was born.He was placed on my tummy and he looked straight into my eyes,capturing my heart forver more.
I thought I knew so much before having Jasper...turns out I knew nothing,nothing that really mattered anyway.All the seemingly "big"stuff tthat I had been hanging onto became small-un-importent "stuff".I grew up.

Jasper had a good day.He rode his new skateboard(his present from us),played with his water-pistol and ran around in the beautiful sunshine.It was a very calm day.

We can only be said
to be alive in those
moments when our hearts
are concious
of our treasures.
-Thornton Wilder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

naw gush gush xx