May 12, 2006

Going mad!

Ok, I always knew having 2 babies only 12 months apart was going to be hard...but this is ridiculous!,I mean these two do everything in unison??,they wake up at the same time,(I'm trying to train them to go to sleep at the same time,but this hasn't worked...'lucky me')..now where was i?,oh yeah,they poo at the same time,want their bottles at the same time,want cuddles at the same time....this is when technology would be really useful and i could have my own MUMMY ROBOT,and it could take over when i'm at my most tired,or atleast go to New world for me when i'm really stretched!..
Anyway,I've promised myself that come monday i am going to try and reclaim the old Lee!This includes getting out of the old dressing gown,getting fit..losing weight(ugg!!),getting a life basically.Also,simply getting brave enough to venture out with two very small children-very scary,believe me.It does help alittle that Jasper is now walking and is just that tinsy bit more independent.I feel he has been deprived a little of his friends at playgroup since his sister arrived on the scene.Mind you his social life is looking up,with 2 birthday parties to attend this month!
The littlest doyle is doing well,growing very fast(now 9 pounds 9oz),and very content.I must say it is nice to have one child that will still be in the same spot that you left them and,that doesnt need to be wrestled to get dressed!.Yep,Ruby is great.She wakes about 3 to 4 times a night but ,it's only the 12 to 2 am feed that kills,all her other feeds are fairly brief...feed,burp and change..oh,the joys.
Funny thing tho,sleep deprivation-the other morning i went to good old New World with my skirt on backwards,and ALL the checkout girls had a right old chuckle...and then when i got home i recieved a phonecall from the police station(oh crap..),the lady on the other end tells me i have lost my wallet..i have?,apparently it fell off my CAR ROOF on the corner of waenga Drive and cairnmuir place!...Shame.

2 comments:

the kanga barrons said...

you poor thing, skirt on backwards is a bit embarrassing. dont worry im sure everyone has left something on the roof of their cars at some point in their lives. and wether the kids are 12 months apart or two years apart, sleep deprivation is still the end result. thanx for the birth pres and the gorgeous photos of Ruby. She looks so much like you and her christening dress is so lovely

Shanley said...

lol - you can only laugh really can't ya! Shit, at least you got your wallet back - you wouldn't have seen it again in Auckland thats for sure!